Friday, March 16, 2007

22 weeks

How your baby's growing: Your baby now looks like a miniature newborn, checking in at 10.9 inches and almost 1 pound. Her skin will continue to appear wrinkled until she gains enough weight to fill it out, and the fine hair (lanugo) that covers her head and body is now visible. Her lips are becoming more distinct, and the first signs of teeth are appearing as buds beneath her gum line. Her eyes are developed, though the iris (the colored part of the eye) still lacks pigment. Eyelids and eyebrows are in place, and her pancreas, essential for hormone production, is developing steadily.


This little girl is a wiggle worm! I can feel her doing acrobatic moves at all hours. I can just now feel her from the outside...it's such a cool feeling(but not so cool at 3am when I'm trying to sleep)! A good friend of mine from Rainbow gave me a bunch of handed down baby stuff last weekend which will all be a huge help. My sister in law Angela bought her her first couple outfits and they are adorable. My mom bought her an outfit as well that matches an oufit that my neice Addison has so pictures together are already being planned, and my friend Kelli went a little crazy the other day and bought her a BUNCH of clothes...she is going to be one well dressed baby!!

My mom is getting married this weekend so preparations are in full swing, lots to do today. I'm very much looking forward to seeing all of our friends and family. I was a little nervous about the dress I'm wearing...I wore it in a friends wedding a few years ago, then decided to wear it for my brothers wedding. I had lost weight so my step-mom took it in for me. When my mom said she wanted us to wear black I thought, Perfect! I can wear the same dress! Well, I tried it on last week and it's too big!! I thought for sure it wouldn't fit. But it will work with some creative pinning!!

For those of you who are coming to the wedding I will see you there! I hope everyone is well!

No comments: