Thursday, July 23, 2009

Dear Lydia

It's hard to believe you made your entrance into this word 2 years ago, today. You have brought so much joy and laughter into our lives. Your Daddy and I can remember feeling anxious, scared, excited and overwhelmed as we were being taken into the operating room but as soon as we saw our beautiful baby girl it was all over for us! Love at first sight! You amaze us over and over again. You are God's greatest gift.

You crack me up how you make me knock on the door in the morning before I get you out of bed..."who is it?" you ask..I say "mommy" and then you say "come in"! You then immediately tell me "get me outta here". It's impossible to be in a bad mood around you. I love how you say "please" and "thank you". You just learned that green means go and red means stop and you tell me that at every light we go through. You laugh when the big kids laugh...not always knowing why, but understanding the time is appropriate. You fake sneeze when you get in trouble or are upset, just so we'll tell you "bless you". You announce to us "I'm okay" when you fall down. You love to bounce and run. You melt you're daddy's heart when he comes home from work and you tell him you missed him. You have a steal trap memory. You have a twinkle in your eye, a little mischief in your laugh and smile that will light up the room.

Lydia, you make life fun and exciting. You make me a better woman every day. Daddy and I love you around the whole world and back again! Happy Birthday little miss!

Mommy

No comments: